Intertextual Connections


when days were just days



Sunday was nearly perfect.
- heartfelt worship, great sermon (many notes there), nice fellowship during lunch with the Koreans & Filipinos, productive and fruitful theatre rehearsals, and eventful coffee session moments leading to aspirations.

Comes Monday, only to get home just slightly after 12am to realize this! - I don't have my house keys. After searching and checking through some possible spots, I knew then I had left my keys in my office drawer. I had to do the next possible thing, drive back to the office, get into the lift and hit the 10th floor and open up all passages and security to get my keys. I was so tired-lah.

It's been such an exhausting day at work, seems to always be - in that zone of pressure cooker, I hope I'm brewing something worthy of myself. Time passes so quickly during work hours. Zip zap and you're done.

It was a fun evening albeit tiring (due to work and physical tiredness I suppose), but I did have a blessed time during VO sessions on childrens' bible explorer project tonight. It was a lengthy one but great catch up with some folks, as the conversations grew deeper in depth and sprung further in laughs. My body was shutting down on me. Rightfully, should have attended rest a lot earlier as tomorrow beckons another choc a bloc routine.

I really wish I had more quiet and time to just reflect the pass two days, it's been such a blessing and really, you just want to take a moment to welll take it all in.

As I begin tomorrow, knowing the little sleep I'll have and possible so drained out anyway, trying my best composure to recuperate as much as I can, I was looking through the bible searching for some comfort and encouragement, I was drawn to this passage:-
So Jesus answered and said to them, "Have faith in God. For assuredly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, "Be removed and be cast into the sea, and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that those things he says. "Therefor I say to you, whatever things you ask when you pray, believe that you receive them, and you will have them." ~ Mark 11: 22 - 24.

With this, I rest in assurance of my provider and I know for sure, I can't make it through the day tomorrow without Him.
So I'm going to just do that - take the time to be still before Him, and pray.

3 Responses to “when days were just days”

  1. # Anonymous Anonymous

    thanks for the verse, it encouraged me a lot!

    I know what you mean about how u hope 'you're brewing something'. The daily grind is so backbreaking... Hang in there, and let's continue working for HIM! =)  

  2. # Blogger rizumu

    morning di, always encouraged to know that there are those running the race with you. I can imagine your daily grind, will pray :)  

  3. # Blogger Linora 'Aronil' Low

    hmm i don't recall the image of the cat there. But that is seriously and adorable pic.  

Post a Comment



© 2005-2006 Intertextual Connections | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.